The Radish

The Radish

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sleeping in Class…..



         Okay so I’m not actually sleeping in class, but for some reason today I was so tired that trying to keep my eyes open in The History of Early Christianity was to say the least difficult. (To be quite honest I am actually writing this in class to keep awake, but don’t tell my professor!) Now I normally do not work on other things while in class, but as I said before this was the exception. So the only thing I could think about while sitting in class was my future farm. But before I begin on this I have still been wondering if I should break Iowa City law and keep chickens. As I said before this is a stupid law and I know people in the area do break it. It is my right to keep hens (no roosters! Though on my future farm roosters will be included.) to provide eggs for my family and me. I even had the idea of what I would like to keep on my property. I would love to find around 5 Dutch Bantams, but after looking last night I found that these were very difficult to find here in the states. I am looking for friendly but smaller chickens or bantams. Does anyone have any suggestions for chickens/bantams? On to my future farm though. I have been thinking about keeping both goats and cows for milk but for different products (milk to drink, to make cheese, to make soap, etc…). While doing a bit of research today I found of breed of cow that I am thinking may be a good fit for the farm, Milking Shorthorn. As for goats I was thinking that I would like to raise Nubians. I have still something other thoughts of animals that would be on the farm but no decision of precisely what I want.
            Okay I am having a serious thought about maybe making this blog private and this is my reason. I sometimes get up to 10 or more views per each entry, but no one has taken the time to comment. I do write this blog to talk about some of thoughts and my day, but I also hope for input from my readers. Why has no commented? Is there something about my blog that readers would like to see changed? If I made this blog private and no one could read it, would any of you my readers care? Please someone respond or more than someone preferably…. 

6 comments:

  1. I would care if you made it private. I like reading and seeing how you are doing with school, life, and you farm plans. I don't really have comments because you mostly just talk about whats on your mind, and for the most part as much as you don't believe it, you have it all together. You know what you love and want to do and you are going to get there. It will take work and you know it and are prepared for it. I'm glad to see that you are happy and working on your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, I am excited about your farming aspirations. I would also like to keep chickens, and they are legal in Madison. You guys should just move up here... I'm excited to do some gardening this year when we move into our house at the end of March.

    I miss you and Laura bunches.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen! Laura just told me you guys got a house!! Unfortunately I don't think we will be moving to Madison, but I'll persuade Laura to come and visit! Gardening sounds like fun ;) You should also eventually consider having chickens that is if you eggs. Miss you!

      Delete
  3. O.K. if they can do it so can I! I love your blogs-remember you are going to live out my dream. I'm so excited for you. Please keep telling us your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunt Dar,
      I'm glad you like my blog! I'm sorry you didn't get to live out your dream but maybe reading about mine will help. I also plan on adding more pictures so maybe that will help some too!

      Delete