The Radish

The Radish

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Garden Box 1

So tonight after school I came home and built the first garden box of the season! Unfortunately I was unable to find my camera while it was still light outside to take pictures, but I will tomorrow (or I suppose when looking at the time later today). It was actually a bunch of fun and I cannot wait to build the other two. I also went to Menards tonight to purchase the mixture of things that will become the soil for my beds. Each bed will be comprised of 5 2.2cuft bags of Sphagnum Peat Moss, 10 40pd bags of organic composted manure, and 21 40pd bags of top soil. For my first bed I was able to get the peat and the compost, but no top soil due to the limitations of my car. Hopefully tomorrow morning I will go and get the top soil before school and bring it home that way tomorrow night I can do another run for the next bed. Things are coming together slowly and hopefully I can get a part time job to help fund the added extras to my garden, like a fence and stepping stones. Also sorry about the comment thing in my last post but as much as I write this for me and about my day it is also nice to talk to others who may have the same interests or just enjoy reading. Since I had a few people say they enjoy my blog I will keep it as is for now, but don't be shy to leave a comment, concern, or idea every now and again :)

1 comment:

  1. For one, I'm glad to read your blog. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete