The Radish

The Radish

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New decisions.....

So I'm sorry about the little rant from last time and I assume that most did not appreciate it as less people viewed my blog. I also never received a single comment so I suppose I will continue to blindly talk to myself.

I started some of my seeds and I am hoping to see them sprout in the next few days. The starting of my seeds has given me a little bit of joy and excitement. I am just hoping for success. I also had to scale my garden back by two beds for now because of money but thats okay! Laura and I talked and I will build them as soon as its reasonable to do so, which may even be mid summer.

On a whole new subject, I am giving my blog readers an exclusive to something that I haven't posted on Facebook (so if you're my friend on FB don't say anything until I release the information on there....Oh yeah and same goes for G+). Laura and I are expecting a baby August 26 (of course we know it won't come on that day)! We are excited and she's been pretty sick. So with this in mind I have been thinking a lot about my future and my dreams and aspirations. Laura has already agreed with me that eventually starting a small hobby farm is a good idea and something we both dream about, but we need to be realistic too. The simple fact is, I will probably need to find a career that I can work at for a few years while we pay off debt and start our farm. Because Laura and I want to leave Iowa and have no desire to stay here I was trying to decide which career would be something that I could do almost anywhere. So I am going to try to get into the College of Nursing here at the U. I've never dreamed of being a nurse but I know that I am fully capable of doing it and who knows I may even enjoy it. There will be no news on whether I get into the College of Nursing for quite some time because I can only apply in the fall semester to begin in the spring semester and I have to do a whole bunch of prerequisite classes before even applying, so I will begin to apply to the College of Nursing in Fall 2013.

Life throws a lot at you sometimes and I must say that I am really happy about this upcoming baby. I've changed a lot and it amazes me everyday that I look at myself. If you knew me when I was younger (for those of you that didn't its probably a good thing, I wasn't that great haha) you probably knew the me that couldn't make up mind or the me that wasn't always so grateful for the things around me; but I've changed a lot and sometimes I don't even recognize this "new"(or rather the one I always kept hidden) me. I'm glad for all the crazy roads that my life has taken and while sometimes I was a little stressed and "hated" (I've really always loved it) life.

On to current school news I must say that I love my German teacher! She is totally awesome and it makes it so easy to relate to her because she is about my age. She's funny and she just doesn't only drone on about the grammar and crap in our book but she teaches us about real life stuff in Germany. She teaches us about there systems and things that would actually help if we were there. I must say though that sometimes she makes Germany sound like a very appealing place to live (of course I realize that they too have their drawbacks like anywhere). I am also happy that my advisor is going to do an independent study with me since I have been missing class trying to take care of Laura, he is a really good guy and I think that any student who takes his class and does not realize this is stupid. I really hope that the University puts him on a tenure-track because it would be unfortunate to lose him as an instructor here.

Well, thats it for now. I suppose I should shorten my entries as maybe people don't want to read something this long, but oh well its for me and I suppose that's what matters.    

No comments:

Post a Comment