The Radish

The Radish

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Break...

     So it's spring break for me here in Iowa and luckily the weather has been good. I know that I have not posted in forever but life does not always allow me to post. Today I was able to get in more of my seeds! I decided that I would start my tomato plants and re-pot some of the plants that were too big for their areas. I also took a look out into my garden where I have peas, garlic, and collards planted. I noticed that I have an Amish Snap Pea that has emerged! I should have taken a picture but I didn't bring my camera out with me.
     I also did some soil testing (and sent a soil sample to my local ag extension) but I think that I am going to need to amend my soil for potassium and phosphorus. Have any of you ever amended your soil for these two nutrients? If so what did you find worked best? I have been reading all kinds of literature on the subject, but I always appreciate the opinions of others.
     In other news I have also applied to a local garden nursery for a job and I am hoping that it works out. I am also getting more excited about the Chicken talk on the 21st. Hopefully this year we can get the law over turned that bans city chickens. Unforgettably I will not be able to attend the Homegrown Lifestyle course this year but there is always next year! I know that this is shot but I'll leave you with a few photos. 
This is Penny our new addition that will give me great fertilizer for my garden!

One of my Broccoli plants that I needed to re-pot today

Several of the tomatoes I planted.

The last few tomatoes I planted and some peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment