The Radish

The Radish

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The taste of bread....

So I should have written this post sooner as I made and ate the bread a few days ago. It turned out okay, but not amazing. First of all I used a whole red wheat flour. This made the bread kind of heavy and dense, and sense I don't know much about baking bread I did not know a fix for this if there is even one. So I am either going to have to research making bread with whole wheat or I will have to use the white flour that is typically used. I also was not able to get to the sourdough bread on Sunday but that could be a next weekend thing. It did taste very good though just too heavy.

On a whole other note we have had good enough weather to clean up the yard to get ready for my garden! I also bought some of the supplies I will need for two of my five raised bed boxes. I am hoping to get the area cleaned up that way I can build my boxes. Even if I can't plant yet I would just be happy to have my boxes built. I also registered Laura and I for a vegetable garden class this weekend. I'm also considering the idea of taking an all day long set of classes next Saturday on gardening. I am hoping that everything this week flies by that way I can get to the weekend and take my first class!  

No comments:

Post a Comment