The Radish

The Radish

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bread

So today I had a strange urge to cook bread, homemade bread. Now I will say that unfortunately I never made bread with my mother or grandmother growing up. Now this may be my fault as growing up as an only child I never wanted to leave my own little world; and to be honest I didn't know about the world that existed outside of my room that contained my computer and my TV. But I guess the wanting to learn about cooking and other home/farm skills has always been inside of me. So with this new strong desire to learn cooking skills I decided to make some bread.

Tonight I am starting by making two loaves of Cinnamon Raisin Bread! As I'm writing this the bread is still cooking in the oven but I can already smell the cinnamon wafting through the house.    
My dough before I split into two loaves!
Tomorrow I am thinking about trying my hand at sourdough (mostly because it is Laura's favorite). Anyways while the bread was rising I decided to cook a lentil soup. Now my lentil soup was supposed (if things only work out the way you want) to contain lentils, onion, vegetable broth, lemon juice, fresh chopped garlic, cumin,  and salt & pepper to taste, but I was out of cumin so I decided that curry would work just as well (luckily it did!). Even Laura enjoyed my soup which was a good thing! Overall I think that I was pleased with my lessons tonight. 

On another note I have been thinking about adding a rabbit or two to my life that way I can use the manure for my garden. I have read in many places how good rabbit manure is for a garden and I want to try to be as natural as I can in my garden. The only drawback to this entire idea is trying to convince Laura (which can be very difficult at times!) to allow e to have rabbits right now. She has said right now we may have a lot on our plates and maybe holding off on rabbits will be a good idea till next year......(but we will see).

Anyways I think that my bread is done and I want to taste it while its fresh! I'll post later on my opinion of my first loaf of bread I've ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment