The Radish

The Radish

Saturday, January 21, 2012

First week of classes...

So my first week of classes went really well. Though I suppose that when you're not really doing anything its hard for it to be going bad. I have two professors from last semester and only one professor that is new to me. But I must say I was a little apprehensive about my new professor, or should I say TA. Now I understand the benefit to the TA of having a position of teaching at a University but I've never understood the benefit to the undergrad student. In fact if I'm spending $22/hr at an institution I would like to be taught by someone who knows that they are talking about (not took much to ask in my opinion). Well I was worried that my German TA was going to be a waste of my time as I noticed that foreign language TAs tend to be (no offense to any out there). Yet I was delightfully surprised when my TA was speaking very perfect (although southern) German, in fact she is actually from south Germany and has only recently come to the states for a master's in education. So I must admit I don't think that any of the American professors at the University could teach me much better German as far as pronunciation (though she does seem really knowledgeable about grammar).

Also in other education news my adviser is talking about doing an independent study with me over the summer so I can continue my Greek. So I am super excited about that because I would love to continue my Greek and possibly even start Latin as this would be super beneficial for me hopefully going to grad school. One can only hope that I will be able to go onto grad school, but I almost wonder if it would be for any purpose. I do really want to farm on the one hand and on the other I would love to teach in a university setting. Oh my ever changing vagabond free spirited ways. One day I may make a decision or maybe not only time will tell.

But In farming relating news I finally got my first seeds in the mail!!!! Of course I was quickly told after well you can't start seeds now, like I was some kind of dumbass. I know that I may be from the south and that I have never planted anything here in the midwest/north but I am smart enough to realize that there is a season and you cannot plant in the snow. Anyways I will not let this negativity get me down and I will move on, forward (but maybe have a mean comment run through my head at the sight of so called insulters). Ok so I'm not really that mean I just hate when people try and tell me what to do or immediately think I am an idiot before even talking to me. Anyways my garden will be great compared to their overgrown piece of crap. Ok and again positivity flowing! Well maybe I should just end here before I say something out of line.        

No comments:

Post a Comment