The Radish

The Radish

Monday, January 16, 2012

T-Minus 11 hours and counting....

So tomorrow is the big day, tomorrow is the day I will venture down the halls at school and gain an education in Religion at a cost of $22.72/hr! Sounds exciting right? The learning sounds awesome but it sucks to think that  for every hour that I sit in class this semester I will be spending almost $23 an hour. Maybe I should think of a new future career?!? I'm thinking that Laura may not be so supportive of me being a farmer if I tell her how much I'm throwing away to be educated in something that I find interesting but will probably lead to nothing without further education. Lucky for me I was blessed with scholarships and the gi-bill. I will say that I give major kudos to those individuals who don't have the luxury of these things nor some other form of help besides student loans and work. Working, going to school, and keeping up grades is no joke! You got to work your ass of for that and I personally believe that all of that is too much for the human system. People wonder why we are so stressed, depressed, and have as many health problems; well let me tell you something.....I do not wonder why these things happen, I know why they happen and I want to do everything in my power to avoid becoming a society zombie. Heck I know that farming ain't no joke, but I also know for me that it is a lot less stressful that dealing with other zombies and the working away from home and returning home in the evening to continue to work. So my goal is simple....go to school (mostly because you're "supposed" to and because I actually do enjoy it very much), becoming a very small scale farming supplying for my wife, children, and I, and finally being a good wife and mother. As I've already said I am going to be testing out my "farming" skills in the form of a garden this year. I'm excited about this as tonight I finally made my light stand and got my pots ready for my seeds!
Seed Starting table and lights. (don't mind the messy garage stuff behind it!)

I must have taken this before I set up my pots but that's okay I promise I will be taking more pictures later!  You might also notice that my light is uneven at the moment, but I promise that a fix is in the works I was just so excited that the parts were bought so I put it together in the giddy haste of a child opening Christmas presents. Well maybe I should run off to bed! I need to get rested for my first day and also to start my bus adventures again! More to come later!

This wonderful post was brought to you while listening to "Call Your Girlfriend" by Robyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment