The Radish

The Radish

Friday, December 16, 2011

Finals: Day 3 - Post JCI


So my morning started off pretty crazy as silly me knows nothing about Iowa City and their busses. I'm in college and I feel like something is wrong if I cannot read a bus schedule! While I did finally get on a bus that was heading toward campus I ended up being late for my final. Except to my delight I wasn't the only one; now I don't wish others to be late but don't you hate to be the only walking in to an auditorium full of people testing? So my first final went okay I hope. It was over Judaism and Christianity and I feel like I knew nothing, but that is average for this entry level course. Well, one more this evening and then I will be done for the semester. I'm hoping for all B's this semester but after this fall I'll be happy (read: actually really upset and disappointed) with C's. I need to run off to the public library and study because the university's library is kind of scary.                         This is what a library should look like (MTSU)
 And this is what the inside should look like (MTSU)
 I'm sorry Iowa but you just can't compete w/ MTSU

This library disparaity is kind of sad when you look at it. A resident at Iowa pays $4028 while a nonresident pays $13139 while a resident at MTSU pays $3773 and a nonresident pays $11651. Okay so your probably thinking but your education is better at UIowa and that may be right sometimes but I don't think that it always is. Anyway to make a long story short....UIOWA needs to renovate their main library and make it so students actually enjoy going to it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment