The Radish

The Radish

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Frost, Baby, and Home...

     So we had a frost warning for tonight. I suppose this is nature's way of telling me that I should have not planted early, but I'm a wishful thinker and did it anyways. But I'm not stupid and knew I needed to take precautions so I have turned my raised beds into mini greenhouses for the time being (I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow). We are supposed to have some cooler temperature for the next couples weeks so I am expecting some loses. However, I have no problem with replanting if this is the case and will take it wholeheartedly.

     On Friday we will find out the sex of the baby hopefully. The closer it gets and the more this baby is becoming a real person (and I mean this simply by the fact it is becoming more visible and about to have a name to me. This is in no way a statement about my beliefs on the whole baby, abortion, birth control, etc argument) I begin to worry about being a parent. I'm not worried that I am going to hurt the baby or that I cannot take care of the baby, I'm just worried but I cannot place it at the same time.

       In three days we will have been in the house for a year and I feel like it has been nothing but one big project. I talked with Laura and I hope she can follow through on this, she just loves to do projects. I just feel a disconnect with our home. I feel like we haven't actually moved in; we still have boxes packed, we have no real dining table, we are just people in a home and not a family in a home. Before the baby is born I am really hoping that we can have it at least set up and have a table and actually "live" in our home. Being more stable will help us with our baby and I know that it will help me focus more in school.

I know that this posting is a little further from he garden and the thoughts of the future farm, but these are the things that I have been thinking about since my last post and even longer.  

2 comments:

  1. Its normal to feel how you do about the baby. When you start feeling he/she kicking in Laura's belly it will all feel real. I can't wait to hear if you a having a he or a she!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It is normal to feel that way about the baby - and the house! Sometimes it is hard to get settled into a house - I would wait to add pictures, etc., because I wanted to live in it and get a feel for it. And, before I would realize, time had gone by and there were still boxes to unpack and pictures to hang.... It will happen!

    You are a warm and loving person - you will make a great parent!

    ReplyDelete