The Radish

The Radish

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Happenings...

Life with a baby can be crazy and I'm sure all of you that has had kids know this well. What I don't get done with chores, homework, and other duties I more than make up for with feeding, diapering, and doing laundry. I love this little kid though and I would much rather be taking care of him then any of my pre-mom duties. We tried to take him to UIowa's homecoming parade, but he wasn't having it. So we moved a bit away and just enjoyed some outside time. 
Intrigued baby
Old Capital in B&W

Yawn baby yawn

Old Capital at sunset

View from parking garage toward the hospital
I've also done some cooking recently. I made Chicken Noodle Soup and I took a picture at the very beginning while making the stock and of the noodles I had just made. I forgot to take a picture of the Irish Soda Bread although it was wonderful and did not last long. 

My homemade egg noodles

The beginnings of the stock

The mishap when making the bread. My camera strap got caught in the oven door and did some cooking of its own.
I recently purchased a pasta machine and I love it! It allows me to thin the dough out and it came with a spaghetti and fettuccine cutter attachment. Since I love my pasta machine so much and I am just getting to know how it works I used the fettuccine cutter to make my noodles for the soup. Normally I like wider noodles but this was perfect. Today I am making the Mini Apple Pies for laura to take to work and I will try to get some pictures although the link does great at pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment