The Radish

The Radish

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Oh Iowa....

     I must say the weather has been crazy and making it almost impossible for me to get anything done outside. We've had thunderstorms, bitter cold, and horrible winds. I am desperately hoping though this weekend will have sun even if it is partly sunny and in the high 30s. I want to get dirt into box 2, build box 3 and fill with dirt, then finally get some garlic planted (since I did plant last fall eek!). It's a good thing I don't mind the cold too much as I'll work outside in almost any temp if I can at least have some sun.
     On a very exciting note (well for me at least) there is going to be a public discussion about Urban Chickens at the library on Mar 21st! I am hoping that maybe this year we can get something passed that way I won't have to consider illegal chickens (which I rather not do, heck I can't even cross at the crosswalk if the hand starts blinking, neurotic I know). For now I will get my chick fix like all other normal people (going to the farm store everyday for "things").
     Well I suppose this is it for now as I am being distracted by the documentary Mad City Chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment